Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

Every year I look forward to New Year’s. To me, it means a fresh start; I can, as it were, wipe the slate clean and start new with the things I know I should be doing. With a big, obvious, starting-over date like this it is a bit easier to make up one’s mind to get started with a new routine or habit. Like getting enough exercise or reading the Bible every day and completing it in a year; like making a plan to pray every day or maybe more than one specific time a day.

In a way, every day is a type of New Year. Our slate is wiped clean every day. Actually, it has been wiped clean once and for all; we just have to remember to avail ourselves of that fact. As we keep enjoying God, talking with him and worshiping him every day, we keep becoming more like him each day. Even if (when!) we fall short of that, when we are disobedient and do the things that go against God’s wishes, he is still forgiving and our slate will be wiped clean at that moment.

So I hope everyone will remember that they have a clean start every day. We don't have to wait for the New Year to roll around.

As 2010 appears on the horizon, I wish you an amazing new year full of love and growth in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment