Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is Blogging for Me?

Blogs. They are everywhere. I myself am a faithful follower of many blogs. So when I started thinking, “Is blogging for me?” I wondered if I had anything to add to the blogging world. It feels pretty daunting: Where do I start? What do I say? What do I even think that is important enough to share?

Theological observations, musings, and reflections are what I intend to contribute. In preparing to be a pastor, in the end I hope I am following in Eugene Peterson’s footsteps, who said, as he spoke to an audience in Seattle, “I wrote not to tell anyone anything, but to discover how to work with a congregation. I wrote to find out how to be a pastor.” I’m writing to discover what I think and how that connects with and influences what I do.

I love the arts, and that will certainly be included in this blog, musings on the arts, theology, spirituality, following Jesus.

So there it is. I hope you’ll join me on what will be for me an “adventure of discovery.” I hope it will be for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment